|Title||Windows 7 Sins The case against Microsoft and proprietary software
(view sites with similar title)
|Description ||The fight to expose Microsoft Windows has moved to UpgradefromWindows8.com. Click here to get involved with our current campaign. Translations of this page Windows 7 Sins With Windows 7, Microsoft is asserting legal control over your computer and is...|
Add this site to your favorite list
Windows 7 Sins The case against Microsoft and proprietary software. The fight to expose Microsoft Windows has moved to UpgradefromWindows8.com. Click here to get involved with our current campaign.
Translations of this page. Windows 7 Sins. With Windows 7, Microsoft is asserting legal control over your computer and is using this power to abuse computer users.
Education."Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish.and you feed him for a lifetime."
Increasingly, computers are expected to be useful tools in our.children's education. But today, most children whose education.
involves computers are being taught to use one company's product:
Microsoft's Microsoft spends large sums of money on lobbyists.
and marketing to procure the support of educational departments.
How proprietary software attacks education.
Link to the 'Education' sin.The education of children represents a major revenue stream for.
Microsoft, and a strategic opportunity to embed their products into.the lives of
||Alexa Rank Date
Access traffic rank of windows7sins.org (site position)
Server IP of windows7sins.org: 126.96.36.199
(hosted by TowardEX Technologies International)
Domain extension: .org
(list top sites in .org (Non-Profit Organization))
- windows-infographic_long (Site has moved)
fsf.org: Free Software Foundation Free Software Foundation working together for free software
(access rank: 51491)
itopen.it: ItOpen – Open Web Solutions, WebGis Development
(access rank: 644645)
windows7sins.org is linking to those sites:
- Translations of this page
- Windows 7 Sins
- Link to the 'Education' sin
- have the critical freedoms to explore and share their software
- under pressure from Microsoft
- Why schools should exclusively use free software
- DRM is built into the heart of Windows 7
- TV companies
- goes way beyond these companies' demands
- Link to the 'DRM' sin
- big media companies
- Protected Media Path
- launched a DRM-encumbered music store for mobile phones
- the Zune did not play tracks with Microsoft "Plays for Sure" DRM
- its iTunes software
- Opposing Digital Rights Management
- Link to the 'Security' sin
- a vulnerability
- believes the flaw may be intentional
- Link to the 'Monopoly' sin
- would throw an error
- eventually purchased by the Open Innovation Network
- Windows refunds quick and easy
- The Microsoft Antitrust Trial and Free Software
- Link to the 'Standards' sin
- Microsoft is attempting
- well-supported and cross-platform
- proprietary software
- "Embrace, extend and extinguish"
- Link to the 'Lock-in' sin
- regularly attempts to force upgrades
- removing support
- regularly updates its software
- Software Update application
- coerce users of iTunes to install the Safari web-browser
- trusted computing
- Windows Genuine Advantage
- Link to the 'Privacy' sin
- Microsoft confirms that WGA checks
- plans to use the same facility for email and documents
- documents that can only be read on the computers
- Treacherous computing
- Learn more about the free software movement
- a letter
- another letter
- send more letters
- donate $100
- Send us your suggestions
- Support our campaign add the Windows 7 Sins widget to your website!
- Bill Gates/Jesus cartoon
- Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 License
- FSF launches campaign against Windows 7 and proprietary software
site visit date: 2013-05-16 13:38:02
windows7sins.org site information